Article Summary: I finished my thesis! FINALLY! My oral defense went really well because I got a lot of GREAT criticism and comments from people before I gave my final talk! I’m finally an actual PhD with LDs! WOO! I visited Cape Town to see my future lab and FELL IN LOVE with the idea of working there! It has …Read or listen to the rest
About LD PhD
The goal of this site is to share experiences of LD and ADHD individuals to help inspire disabled students and adults to excel in school and beyond.
This site will eventually be used as a resource for study aids and techniques, self-advocacy/advocating for a loved one and techniques used to help deal with the low self-esteem associated with LD and ADHD.
Random Post Quotes!
I believe optimism is key to overcoming LD and ADHD. The more positively you see yourself in the mirror and the world around you, the better equipped you will be to face the challenge of having a disability!— Empty Frames, http://ldphd.org/?p=128
- Finally… I’m an LD PhD!
- Writing My Dissertation…
- Walls and Jet Packs: Part 2. Jet Packs are Awesome!
- Walls and Jet Packs: Part 1. Dealing with the Jerks.
- Stupid Sleep: Terrifying Night Terrors
- Stupid Sleep: Bed Wetting
- Run Away With Me
- Adderall: The downside
- Adderall XR: A new beginning
- Empty Frames
- Paper money
- PhD me… Please? part 3
- PhD me… Please? Part 2
- PhD me…. Please? Part 1
- Schooling the imperfect perfectionist
- My brain: the ‘slow’ parts. Part 3. My memory stinks!
- My brain: the ‘slow’ parts. Part 2. Processing problems!
- My brain: the ‘slow’ parts. Part 1. I don’t read right.
- I am me